Monday, August 15, 2016

PH Hoeft State Park- Rogers City, Michigan

We spent the 4th of July at PH Hoeft State Park. It sits just off from Lake Huron. The kids had tons of fun hiking with Daddy! They went on a couple with him throughout the several days we were there. I went with them a couple of their hikes as well, but I will admit that it was nice to get a couple of minutes to myself. 

Here's Sweetie Girl practicing whittling for the first time! Daddy really worked with her on rules of using a knife and letting her know if she didn't treat the knife right she'd lose her privileges. She's been waiting for over a year to be old enough.

Here's Baby Boy lounging in his chair at our campsite. I LOVE that his legs are crossed! It's so cute! 

Here's Little Man taking over my seat! Little Stinker wouldn't move! We got a good picture of the 2 of us though! 


Here's Sweetie Girl and Baby Boy playing at the playground! They had these cute trees with leaf steps they could climb on! Baby Boy loved climbing up, but wasn't confident enough to climb back down himself. He loved being up there though and kept asking me to take pictures of him! 




For some reason I didn't take pictures of the sand dunes we had to go through to get to the tiny little beach. The kids had tons of fun and I got quite the workout struggling through the sand! 

We had lots of fun celebrating Independence Day! The kids loved the sparklers that we got for them. The Hubs took some better pictures of the kids, but here's what I got with my phone. We also had Pop Its and Sweetie Girl and Little Man really enjoyed them as well. Baby Boy struggled to throw them hard enough. 






We had neighbors at the site next to us with a little boy around Baby Boys age and they all had TONS of fun playing with him! They were tent camping and had already been camping around Michigan for at least a week. The mom was 6 months pregnant, so props to her for camping! I went camping when I was 10 weeks pregnant with Sweetie Girl and I refused to ever go again when I was pregnant. It was not fun! The picture below is of the day they left and all the kids laid on the bench of the picnic table and they all kept saying bye to each other for like 5 minutes! It was cute and it entertained their son long enough for his parents to get everything packed up for them to move on to their next campground.
 This was a great State Park off the beaten path. It was surprisingly quiet while we were there. We'd enjoy going back again! The Hubs took Sweetie Girl and rented a tandem bike and they went for an hour ride. Sweetie Girl couldn't quite reach the pedals, but she LOVED her special time with Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment